Vehicle Licensing

Vehicle Tabs

Vehicle tabs can be renewed in person, by mail, online at the WA Department of Licensing (DOL) website or by using the drop box in the Courthouse parking lot at 135 2nd Street.


The Auditor's Office has been appointed by the Governor's Office as an agent of the Washington State Department of Licensing. This responsibility encompasses:

  • Sale of motor vehicle and vessel licenses
  • Collection of license fees
  • Transfer of vehicles and vessels from one owner to another
  • Title changes to add or delete a legal owner other than the registered owner
  • Other transactions involving motor vehicles and vessels

The Auditor is also an agent for the Department of Revenue and collects sales taxes on transfers of such vehicles made between individuals.

DOL Resources for Licensing & Registering a Vehicle / Vessel

For additional information, visit the WA DOL website.