The Recording Department is charged with recording:

  • Liens
  • Maps
  • Military discharges
  • Real estate documents
  • Surveys

In addition, this department also issues marriage licenses. Certified copies of any recorded document can also be obtained through this department for a fee of $3.00.

Recording Fee Schedule As Of July 23, 2023

House Bill 1474, which was passed by the Washington State Legislature in this 2023 session, will require a new fee of $100 to most recordings to create a “covenant homeownership account and program.” This new fee will become effective on January 1, 2024. The aim of this program is to address the history of housing discrimination caused by racially restrictive real estate covenants in Washington state.

Recording Fee Schedule Effective Jan 1, 2024

Where Does The Recording Fee Go?

Please note, Auditor staff cannot offer legal advice or determine the legal correctness or function of the content of your document. It is highly advised that you consult a professional before recording. It is not the responsibility of the Auditor or staff to screen the document to make sure it is properly filled out. The County Auditor's responsibility is limited to verifying the document meets formatting requirements. Submitters bear the cost of any documents requiring re-recording to correct deficiencies or errors.

Washington State law requires that all documents submitted for recording must conform to the standards set forth in the Revised Code of Washington (RCW 36.18 and RCW 65.04).  A cover sheet is required for documents where the first page does not contain the necessary index fields or the three inch top margin. A cover sheet will not relieve you of the responsibility of meeting formatting requirements. Documents that do not meet these standards will be returned. Once reformatted, they can be resubmitted for recording.

Veterans of the U.S. armed services are entitled to have their DD214, certificate of release, or discharge from active duty recorded by Asotin County (or any county in Washington State) at no charge. There are private commercial services that offer to record a DD214 with your county, but at a cost to the veteran. These services are not sanctioned or endorsed by Asotin County or the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs.

To record your DD214 for free with Asotin County, contact our office at 509-243-2084, or visit our office in the Asotin County Courthouse, 135 2nd street, Asotin, WA

  • If you would like your documents returned after recording, please include a postage paid return envelope.